Friday, August 23, 2013

Diary of a Fangirl: Ben Affleck is the new Batman

Ben Affleck has signed on to be the new Bruce Wayne.  Or at the very least, he'll be donning the cape as The Dark Knight.


I...

When I saw the ending of "The Dark Knight Rises," and the clever way Nolan went about incorporating Robin without calling him that or putting him in tights, and then giving him the keys to the Batcave, I had such great high hopes for Joseph Gordon-Levitt rising Batman out of the ashes and watching over the city.  It was such a perfectly perfect set up.


And now this.

I couldn't bear to watch "Daredevil" all the way through...and unlike many, I do think that Ben Affleck can act, if given the right project.  He's grown so much as a writer, director and actor over the years, and I look forward to great things from him.  I just don't feel that this will be one of them.

However, I didn't have hopes or believe in Nolan's casting of Hathaway as Catwoman either, so maybe this will work.  Not the way I want it to by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe it won't be terrible.  Hell, there's not a damned thing I can do about it anyway, so might as well wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment