Thursday, January 10, 2013

Diary of a Fangirl: 2013 Oscar Nominations

Well, I have to say that this is a disappointment.


There were several people who should have been recognized that weren't: Samuel L. Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio for Best Supporting Actor, and Ben Affleck and Quentin Tarantino for Best Director.

But let's move on.

Of the given nominees, here are my predictions for the winners:

Best Picture: "Django Unchained" or "Life of Pi."  I'm leaning towards the former, however.

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, the Meryl Streep of nominees.

Best Actress: Emmanuelle Riva or Quvenzhané Wallis, simply because of their vast differences in ages.  Just my guess, of course.

Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones.  Brilliant performance.

Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway (may she never host The Academy Awards ever again. Ever).

And, Best Animated Film: Didn't see any of these, but my guess is "Frankenweenie."

    

No comments:

Post a Comment