Saturday, November 10, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Cloud Atlas

Note: Apologies for the delay on posts.  I had a birthday, followed by a vicious flu bug, and haven't written anything in awhile.

So, for my birthday, I went to see "Cloud Atlas."  Due to circumstances out of my control, I ended up missing the first...fifteen minutes or so, and another ten shortly after that.  That being said, I loved this three hour (roughly) film.

This is definitely something I need to see a second time, but for the most part, it's a love story told over several life times, and how souls reconnect and our lives intersect through reincarnation.  Or at least, that's what I think it was about, and it's a valid interpretation.

There were...maybe seven, I want to say, stories throughout the movie, broken up by each other, and ending with the latest story, that takes place several hundred years (if not more) in the future.  This film answers the question, if love can stand the test of time?

Well folks, given this film, I think it does.


It also made me realize that I could not for the life of me think of one single solitary epic romance film that I adored.  Oh sure, I can name some--"Casablanca," "The Way We Were" (total stalker movie), "Titantic"--but none of those resonated with me.  "Cloud Atlas," however, does, and does very well.   Given its caliber, I think having three directors--Andy and Lana Wachowski and Tom Tykwer--was a brilliant idea.

ETA: I came out of there shipping Tom Hanks and Halle Berry hardcore.  Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment