Saturday, June 23, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Discovering Spike

So, I had to have been about twelve when season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer  rolled around.  It was the third ep in, "School Hard," and right before the opening credits, we see this guy in a tank of a car crash through the "Welcome" sign, gets out with these huge combat boots, long sweeping leather duster, and lights up a cigarette.  Then he talks, and he's all British!  Which...may not mean much to you, but hot damn, do I love me a British accent.

If I had a YouTube vid of this, I'd totes share it, but I don't.  Oh, and also, he was in game face at the time.  And that, I do have photos of:



The more screen time he got, the more intrigued I became.  And I knew from that first episode of his appearance, that he would be a around for a good, long while.  And I was right!  Huzzah!

Spike, portrayed by the amazing James Marsters, is my favorite character of all time.  Every layer and every nuance of his expressive face just makes me heart him tremendously.  It's more than just topical, and I'll do an in depth analysis post of my thoughts and feelings on this wonderful character at a later date.  But for now, here are a few more pics and...

Seriously, when Spike cries, I cry...and I'm not a crying type of gal.



And now, a vid which I lurve.  If you're a Spike fan, you'll love it too.  And if you aren't, you just might become one:

And should you become a Spike fan, he can be found on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment