Sunday, October 14, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Arrow

I have to admit: When I set my DVR to record Arrow, my expectations for me giving a crap while watching it were low.

It may have been because I'd become so disappointed in Smallville that I really didn't care to see any variation of spin-off.  But I have to say, I was not only pleased with the pilot for this series, but I can't wait to see where the season goes.



Oftentimes with new series, the pilot is shaky, and the viewer has to decide if they want to see it through.  With Arrow, quite the opposite happened.  The lead actor, Stephen Amell, is solid, and makes for a powerful Oliver Queen/Arrow.  Seasoned vet Susanna Thomson plays his mother (who, spoiler alert, could potentially be one of Arrow's antagonists).


I think part of what makes this series special is that it has evolved into more of a character study as opposed to a hero trying to do what's right.  What happened to Oliver on that island?  What has changed in him in the course of five years, and what kind of man is he now?

I look forward to finding out.


Note: I kind of wish I'd kept my Arrow SDCC bag now, and, I thought his mom's skirt was kinda short in the first scene that we saw her in.  Did that stick out to anyone but me?


    

No comments:

Post a Comment