Thursday, October 25, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Meeting Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles Part 2


I gave my tickets and the J2 photo to Jared's assistant who said "Oh-oh, this is not official!"  Jared quickly looked at the photo and his smile disappeared. He looked at Jensen but he was already signing for the next fan so Jared called out, "Hey man!"  Jensen looked at him and smiled at Jared. Jared calmed down, looked at the photo and said, "If Jensen signed it, I'll sign it." 

He signed both the J2 photo and an official episode still. While he was signing it I said, "It was a dare."

When he finished, he asked, "What was it about?" 

I said, "Well, the folks on the Internet said I'm too big of a pussy to get a signature on that one."


I guess he must have liked my answer because he shrugged, and said, "Nah, you're cool," gave back the photos and winked at me.

That was my first experience with them. Jared was trying to keep a distance from fans, doing his thing in a very professional way, while Jensen was all about making fans more comfortable, at least first time con-goers. 

Sunday: I found out I  and a travel mate had won the lottery for an entry to Jensen's Q&A talk. 

Before that, we had the single photo ops with him. We were all reminded not to ask for any hugs, not to touch the actors, and just stand next to them, which made me very disappointed. I wanted to have a photo with him on which we are looking at each other's eyes, so after my first Jensen photo was taken, I asked him, "Could you look me in the eyes, please?"  

He looked at me and smiled. 

I told him this is how I wanted the photo taken. He didn't take his eyes off my face just kept smiling. The photographer asked him what was going on and he said, "Oh, we're just looking at each other." He was still looking at me as he answered. The photographer said, "Yeah, and?"  Jensen said, "Oh, that's the way we want the photo taken," and he kept on staring into my eyes. Photo guy asked, "Yeah, but are you ready to have the photo taken?"  Jensen said, "Yes."  He smiled at me again and the pic was finally taken. I swear we were looking into each other's eyes for so long, it seemed like hours.

At the beginning of the coffee lounge, Jensen offered everybody to grab a coffee from the table, but I remained seated with my huge Red Bull in my hand. Jensen looked at me and said, "I see you're good."  He tried to answer as many questions he could, talk about his career, his friendship with Jared, how he wanted to support him after his breakup. It was so nice seeing a more private side of him, something that was not PR; not something he would do on stage. 

Unfortunately, a fan that was sitting right next to him was really aggressive and interrupted me. I started to ask a question a few times, but at the end, I didn't get to ask anything.  The mod really sucked.  She should have stopped this fangirl by telling her to let others ask as well. 

At the end of the session when the mod said, "Last question," I started asking again, but was interrupted by a girl who asked about "My Bloody Valentine 3D," and Jensen looked at me and made an 'I'm sorry' face.

The Saturday afternoon Jared photo was so rushed, there were no words at all.  I could have stood next to a cardboard Jared.

Sunday: 

I had some extra autographs to get from both guys, and the first one was Jared's after Jensen's panel. Jared was like an energizer bunny--really happy. 

Until I came up. 

He totally looked pissed at me, which I did not understand.  When he started signing I said, "I'd like to ask a question."  He said, "Yeah, shoot."  I said, "Would you ever consider going to a drum and bass party in Vancouver?"   He looked up at me.  "I don't even know what a drum and bass is."  The assistant guy next to him started laughing, and then I explained that it is an electric dance music genre that comes from the UK.  Then he said, "I don't really do parties."

He gave me back the signed photos. The whole situation looked like I needed to explain myself so I decided not to step away although he started signing the next fan's photo.  I told him, "You know, my fiancé is a drum and bass producer and DJ.  His album is coming out this October, and he is going to do a promotion tour next March in the US and Canada, so I just wanted to know if you might show up there."  He looked at me again, smiled and said, "Whoa, that's really something.  Congratulations to your fiancé!  But sorry, I still don't go out to parties.  I don't have the time." [The assistant corrected him when Jared said party and he said "rave" instead.]


It looked like when I started talking about my fiancé, it calmed him, as in I didn’t seem to be the kind of fan who believes in being soul mates with their idols and waits for marrying them. J I thanked him for answering me--"That's a shame, but thanks for your answer anyway."  

"You are welcome," he replied, and I stepped away.

Later, I had another Jared photo session. When he noticed me, he gave me his trademark dimpled smile and the photo was taken. While my hand was on his right shoulder, I said, "Thank you" to the photographer.  He had let me retake my Jared photo after the Saturday one being disastrous.  But Jared reached for my hand and said, "No, thank YOU."  I looked back at him and smiled, then walked away.

Jensen had his Sunday autograph sessions in the afternoon, so I went to get it. He was really tired and he was signing everything that was being put under his hand without even looking up. When I was next, he looked up at me, smiled at me as if he recognized me and said, "Hi, how are you today?"  I said, "Good, thanks.  Tired, but I bet you are as well."  He smiled again, and looked at the photo.  He almost started signing a lighter part of it with a black pen, but he changed his mind, took the silver pen and signed Dean Winchester's handgun instead.  He handed back the photo and I said, "Thank you, and goodbye."  He answered, "Bye," looked at me and blinked hard with both eyes at the same time. It was a really nice gesture.


Part 3 is soon to come!


Want to share your best fangirl/fanboy moment?  Submit to Jillian.Robi@gmail.com today!  
Want to read a great fangirl story?  Check out Fangirl--available on paperback and Kindle!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment