Thursday, October 11, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Fangirl Beginnings

While looking at some old photos, it's occurred to me that I've been a fangirl ever since I was a child.


My mom took me to Disney World several times when I was a kid, and there was something that fascinated me about being part of the film history--The Judge's steam roller, seeing the house of The Golden Girls, standing in front of E.T...

And then there was the stuff I did at home, like owning every Barbie Mattel item on the planet (or damn near).

When I got older, I kind of wasn't an active participant in fandom.  Not until sophomore year of high school, during the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I attended my very first convention.  I got to talk to David Boreanaz, took a pic with one of the vampires from the show, and went to a concert for James Marsters' band, Ghost of the Robot.  Didn't know a fraction of what I know now about cons (and boy I wish I had--missed out on so much.  Could have made my Spangel dreams come true and took a photo with James and David at the same time, or James and the bleach blond hair), but it's of no consequence now.  I haven't looked back since.



I've had some great memories as a fangirl.  I look forward to the years to come.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment