Basically, if you get tagged, fill out the questions on your own blog about your upcoming writing project, then tag five additional authors, linking to their blogs or websites. Oh, and email them to let them know they were actually tagged :p
I'm currently putting the pen to the page for a short story for Noma Black, but my next book will be a prequel to Fangirl. More on that...now!
THE TEN QUESTIONS:
1. What is the working title of your book?
Loverboy (as in that awesome song by Queen)
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
It's actually the prequel to my first book, Fangirl. I wanted to explore the character of Weston Moore. Character study's intrigue me, so I'm looking forward to it.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
I don't know yet, honestly. I think it will appeal to women, for the most part. But it will be from the guy character's perspective from A to Z. Probably not first person, though. Writing Fangirl in first person was a bitch and a half, let me tell you.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
So far, the only character I know for sure who is in the
But, I could also see Tom Hiddleston playing the role.
If I have Weston's mom in the book, I'd want her to be played by Jessica Lange (Fassbender) or Meryl Streep (Hiddleston).
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
"It's a lonely road to the top."
Honestly, I don't know...just pulled that cliche up there out of my ass.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published like the first, I imagine. Unless something drastic happens in the next six to eight months where I magically have an agent.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It...hasn't been written yet. It's still in my head, but I'm going to start writing it soon.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Maybe Jackie Collins' "American Star" with a dash of "Ordinary People."
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
As mentioned above, the book is a prequel. We don't know much about Weston beyond what Khloe knows in Fangirl, so I wanted to delve more into his character and learn about him myself. What are his origins? How did he get to where he is? Why is he so gosh darn tender hearted? We shall finally see!
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I think there is a need as of late for well rounded and intriguing characters, and I hope to achieve that with Weston Moore and give him to the audience of readers.
I’m tagging the following five authors to be the Next Big Thing:
1. Ana Blaze
2. Noma Black
3. Carla Krae
4. Rosalie Stanton
5. Patricia Rosemoor
and, cause why the hell not--
The Jackie Collins