Thursday, July 5, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Snow White and the Huntsman

A friend of mine said, "Only in film can Kristen Stewart be more fair than Charlize Theron."  I'm inclined to agree.

Initially, on my Sunday spree of seeing films, I was supposed to see "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," but the times got all screwed up, and ended up seeing this instead.








I had wanted to see it when it first came out, but never got around to it.  Anyway, I saw it Sunday, and I have to say that one, I was impressed with it as an adaptation, two, this ain't Julia Robert's "Snow White," three, the effects were awesome and creepy, four, Kristen Stewart had three facial expressions as opposed to the one she sports in the Twilight films, and five, Chris Hemsworth is fucking hot.  No srsly, that man is HOT...ahem.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure it was because I was terribly pooped (long day and weekend), but I nodded off for about twenty minutes during a dwarf scene, and woke up when (SPOILER ALERT BUT NOT REALLY) the evol Queen tricked Snow White and fed her a poisoned apple.  But yeah--it was interesting, and entertaining.  Not an immediate/have to see it in theatres films, but really well done.



2 comments:

  1. Now see i disagree. This film was definitely a must see opening night! I absolutely LOVED every bit of it! Even the dwarf scene. Im just hopin her and the huntsman make sweet love and have all types of sparkly superhero babies!!! (Oops, wrong movie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, I liked it. Just not a big Kristen Stewart fan. She doesn't evoke enthusiasm within me. I think the role might have been better suited for Dakota Fanning or Chloe Meretz, or that girl who played "Hanna."

    ReplyDelete