Friday, August 10, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: James Marsters

At the Muvico Theatre in Rosemont Wizard World Chicago, James Marsters gave a concert, followed up my a party for his birthday upstairs.  At the last minute (i.e. today), I decided to get one of the last two tickets, which was therefore the second to last ticket.

I've seen James a handful of times over the last few years, and I've seen him perform about as much, and I have to say that he sounded the best I've ever heard him song.  His voice is more mature and richer...or something.  I liked it.

My friend and I ducked out on the last song--funnily enough "Goodbye," so that we could go upstairs before the crowd for the party to scope out the tables (and of course, where we wanted to sit).  Mission accomplished (and I'm quite tired as I type this--no idea what the frig I'm even talking about), we had the spots we wanted, and James ended up sitting right in between the two of us when he visited our table.

Before that was the photos (which...I don't like mine), and James held out his hand for me to shake, and I "pffted" him, saying "Come on, man!" and went in for a hug.  He hugged me back as well.

Oh, and before the concert, I ran into him in the hallway and he told me I looked great.  I didn't feel too great, so it was nice to hear.  Between my dress and my hair, I [accidentally] ended up looking like a bootleg  Dorothy Dandridge as Carmen Jones.

Oh, Paul Wesley punked out; he didn't show up to the con.  Boo.

And, was gonna go to Adrianne Curry's birthday party, but I am so effin' tired...really.

More tomorrow!


    

2 comments:

  1. Sneaky girl, getting video. I'm bummed GOTR hasn't been able to do the summer tour like they hoped last year. This performance probably means he's been practicing. That's usually the difference in his performances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever he's been doing, it's fantastic ^_^

    ReplyDelete