Friday, August 17, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: "X-Men: Days of Future Past"

So, there's gonna be a sequel, and it shall be called "X-Men: Days of Future Past."



I have to say, I wasn't all that thrilled with the first one (or the first three films, for that matter), so I'm not sure I can work up that much enthusiasm for this one.  But if Michael Fassbender reprises his role, then of course I shall go see it just for that.  Shallow, I know.




There's talk of more potential crossovers with the first three films to make one cohesive 'verse, though outside of Hugh Jackman, Ian McClellan and Patrick Stewart, I think I'd be fairly "meh" on that as well.





This franchise has and has had so much potential, but I can't help but feel that in one way or another, it somehow got pissed on.  Could be performance, editing, directing, or something as simple as soundtrack (rewatch "First Class" if you don't believe me about that last one).  Even so, I always manage to see the film in theatre, hoping that this time, it won't disappoint me.  Cause goodness, Fassbender and McAvoy were brilliant, surrounded by a bunch of amateurs...

Anyway, this film has a target date of July 18th, 2014 to be in theatres.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment