Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Diary of a Fangirl: Shia LaBeouf goes all the way...

I have a lot of respect for Shia LaBeouf as an actor.  I know he's had his personal problems, but when it comes to acting, he's one of the very rare young "heavy hitters."  Thus far, his personal life hasn't interfered with his acting work too much (the broken hand from a fight, if I recall correctly, hindered filming on the set of "Transformers 2"), and I do believe an Oscar or two is in the near future for him.  Shia is a method actor, and it's quite easy to believe his performances.  So much so that he scared his co-star on the set of "Lawless," Mia Wasikowska so much that she wanted to leave the film.




However...

Apparently, in his upcoming film for Lars Von Trier in "The Nymphomaniac" (2013), the director wishes him to have actual sex with his co-star (potentially Charlotte Gainsbourg).  Um...wat?  I don't believe this to be necessary in a film by any means, no matter how method one is.  That being said, I am curious as to what they will do with it.  According to Shia, he took on the role cause it (and the director) scared the shit out of him.  I guess that's one way to go work...



The film will also star Nicole Kidman, Stellan Skarsgard and Willem Dafoe.  Apparently, Liam Hemsworth turned the role that Shia accepted.

Oh dear oh dear...





    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment